Where to Give
Departments within the School of Dentistry welcome your support. A few of the special programs and funds are listed below. If you have interest in a program not listed, please contact the Office of Development at (909) 558-4754.
- Unrestricted Fund - Unrestricted gifts provide the Dean of the School of Dentistry flexibility to enhance the program and meet new challenges.
- Alumni Association Fund - Unrestricted gifts directed by the Alumni Association in support of School of Dentistry programs:
- Student Mission Encounter
- Student Loan Fund
- Student Dedication Service
- Dental Hygiene
- Advanced Education Programs (AEP) - Unrestricted gifts to enhance the specific Advanced Education Programs listed below:
- Dental Anesthesiology
- Implant Dentistry
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Dental Services for Children - Dental and oral health care for disadvantaged children in local communities and other locations throughout the world.
- International Dentistry Program - Unrestricted support to enhance the educational program for international students.
- Scholarship Endowment (DDS) - Need and merit based scholarship grants for deserving students of the Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) program.
- Scholarship Endowment (Dental Hygiene) - Need and merit based scholarship grants for deserving students of the dental hygiene program.
- Service Learning - Student support for required clinical experience in the local communities and there locations throughout the world.
- Teaching and Research Endowment - Support of faculty who are involved in research projects.
Below are some special projects of the School of Dentistry. If you have interest in a project that is not listed, please contact the Office of Development at (909) 558-4754, or by email email@example.com.
- Operatory Sponsorships - A limited number of operatories are available for sponsorship of $5,500 to $10,000
- main dental clinic
- implant dentistry clinic
- international dentistry
- surgery center for dentistry
- Center for Implant Dentistry – Clinic Remodel Project
- Auxiliary Laboratory – to be named Baum Laboratory
- Dental Services for Children - This project provides funding for expenses incurred in providing dental and oral health care for disadvantaged children in local communities and other locations throughout the world, a key component of our service learning program.
- "Students in Service" Sponsorships - Provides funds for students who are not financially able to participate in service learning projects at home and around the world.
The School of Dentistry welcomes support for endowments and professorships that will provide funding into perpetuity for various programs. If you do not see an endowment fund you are interested in or would like to discuss establishing a new endowment, please contact the School of Dentistry Office of Development at (909) 558-4754, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anholm Orthodontic Endowment
- Boyne-Geistlich Endowment in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (PROFESSORSHIP)
- Ronald E. Buell Endodontic Endowment (PROFESSORSHIP)
- Robert James Endowment for Oral Implantology
- Henry Kahn Endodontic Endowment
- National Association of Seventh-day Adventist Dentists (NASDAD) Service Learning Endowment
- Robert Ricketts Research Library Endowment (Orthodontics)
- Scholarship Endowment Funds
- David Lee Anderson Scholarship Endowment
- Violet Bates Scholarship Fund (for dental hygiene students)
- Labeeb Haddad Memorial Scholarship Endowment (for foreign students)
- Hartzell Scholarship Endowment (for dental hygiene students)
- Arlene and Judson Klooster Scholarship Endowment
- Legacy Scholarship Endowment (for children/grandchildren of alumni)
- Wilfred A. Nation Memorial Scholarship Endowment (for Jamaican students)
- David Wayne Nelson Scholarship Endowment
- Nethery Scholarship Endowment (for Graduate Prosthodontics)
- Virgil Heinrich Family Scholarship Endowment
- Riverside Dental Group Scholarship Endowment
- Scholarship Endowment (for Black students)
- Scholarship Endowment (for Hispanic students)
- Scholarship Fund (for Korean students)
- School of Dentistry Scholarship Endowment
- Darlene and Eugene Warner Scholarship Endowment
- Service Learning Missions Fund
- Teaching and Research Endowment
In addition, here are several loan funds for students with financial challenges:
- Alumni Association Student Loan Fund
- Howard Y. B. Kim Loan Fund (for Korean students)
Many would like to make larger gifts to support the School of Dentistry and its students but are concerned about decreasing current assets or financial security for themselves and their families.
There are many excellent ways to enable you to achieve your personal goals while making a significant gift to the School. Such plans may offer major tax advantages, savings in estate settlement costs, and/or an income stream for the life of the donor and others.
In addition to providing a bequest through a will, there are other attractive options, including:
- Gift Annuities
- Life Estate Agreements
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Unitrusts
- Living Trust Agreements
Information on these options is available by contacting the Office of Development at (909) 558-4754 or by email to email@example.com. We can easily provide personalized plans tailored to your circumstances and would be happy to talk with you by phone or in person.
The School of Dentistry is pleased to offer opportunities for naming endowed funds and areas within the School, perpetuating the donor's name or the names of others to be honored or memorialized through special gift support.
Throughout the School there are opportunities for naming existing rooms or areas with special gifts.
We will be happy to work with you and your financial advisors in identifying an appropriate project or program of enduring worth. For more information or to make a gift with cash or a credit card, contact the Office of Development:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Loma Linda University School of Dentistry
Office of Development
11092 Anderson Street, Room 5530
Loma Linda, California 92350