Motto, vision, mission, and core values
"Service is our Calling"
LLUSD is a preeminent health-care organization seeking to represent God in all we do. We are enthusiastically committed to excellent, innovative, comprehensive education of students and whole person care of our patients.
Our students, staff and faculty are empowered through an enabling environment that honors the dignity, diversity, and worth of everyone. Our graduates are exemplary professionals and progressive clinicians of integrity.
Our Lord's example inspires us to enrich our local and global communities through service. This is our calling.
LLUSD seeks to further the healing and teaching ministry of Jesus Christ wherein:
- Students learn to provide high quality oral health care, based on sound biologic principles.
- Patients receive competent care, which is preventive in purpose and comprehensive in scope, provided with compassion and respect.
- Faculty, students and staff value the patient relationship, respect diversity and share responsibility by working together toward academic, professional, spiritual and personal growth.
- Scholarly activity and research provide a foundation for evidence-based learning and enhance whole person care.
- The workplace environment attracts and retains a superior and diverse faculty and staff who motivate, educate and serve.
- Our communities--local, global and professional--benefit from our service, stewardship, and commitment to lifelong learning.
- Belief in God
- Respect for the Individual
- Principled Spirituality
- Student Focused
- Empathetic Care
- Commitment to Service
- Pursuit of Truth
- Progressive Excellence
- Analytic Thinking
- Effective Communication