Service is our Calling
LLUSD is a preeminent health-care organization seeking to represent God in all we do. We are enthusiastically committed to excellent, innovative, comprehensive education of students and whole person care of our patients.
Our students, staff and faculty are empowered through an enabling environment that honors the dignity, diversity, and worth of everyone. Our graduates are exemplary professionals and progressive clinicians of integrity.
Our Lord's example inspires us to enrich our local and global communities through service. This is our calling.
LLUSD seeks to further the healing and teaching ministry of Jesus Christ wherein:
- Students learn to provide high quality oral health care, based on sound biologic principles.
- Patients receive competent care, which is preventive in purpose and comprehensive in scope, provided with compassion and respect.
- Faculty, students and staff value the patient relationship, respect diversity and share responsibility by working together toward academic, professional, spiritual and personal growth.
- Scholarly activity and research provide a foundation for evidence-based learning and enhance whole person care.
- The workplace environment attracts and retains a superior and diverse faculty and staff who motivate, educate and serve.
- Our communities--local, global and professional--benefit from our service, stewardship, and commitment to lifelong learning.
The University affirms these values as central to its view of education.
Value Definition: Reflects the love of God with respect, mercy and empathy.
- Listens to others with kindness and concern.
- Consistently treats others with courtesy.
- Encourages an environment that is inclusive.
- Anticipates and responds to the needs and suffering of others.
Value Definition: Exceeds expectations with effectiveness, reliability and efficiency.
- Carefully analyzes and balances all aspects of each decision.
- Establishes high standards for exceptional Mission-Focused Learning and quality health care.
- Participates in education and clinical care that is evidence-based.
- Takes all necessary measures to ensure personal and collective safe practices.
Value Definition: Puts self-importance aside for the greater good of others.
- Relates to others with selfless caring.
- Learns from teachable moments.
- Treats everyone with thoughtfulness and patience.
- Lives life with a commitment to service.
Value Definition: Carries out actions with honesty and trustworthiness.
- Builds dependability through honest communication with others.
- Respects personal and academic freedom.
- Follows through on commitments.
- Holds self and others accountable for actions.
Value Definition: Commits to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Considers how one’s actions will affect others and the environment around.
- Calls out actions that are in conflict with our values.
- Supports efforts to remove systemic barriers.
- Protects the dignity and worth of all individuals.
- Works toward quality healthcare access for all.
Value Definition: Collaborates to achieve a shared purpose.
- Recognizes, understands and celebrates the unique strengths of all team members.
- Shares knowledge and learning opportunities for team growth.
- Recognizes the contributions of others and affirms their successes.
- Participates willingly whenever needs arise.
Value Definition: Loved by God, growing in health, living with purpose in community.
- Supports the spiritual value of faith-based education and health care.
- Demonstrates a positive, peaceful and hopeful attitude.
- Promotes Christ’s healing ministry through prayer, positive relationships and a healthy lifestyle.
- Lives a life that is morally sound and moderate in all things.