Chair Alison Perez
Professional Ethics Committee
Leadership: Chair-person and other officers as required.
Election: Applicants will submit a letter of intent to the SCC, who will choose the committee chair and members of the committee; at least one student from each class will be elected. Student representation for the Professional Standards Committee will be from the body of the PE.
Terms of Reference (General):
- To represent PE interests on the Sectional Coordinating Committee (SCC).
- To represent PE at national, state, or regional activities (if applicable).
- To represent PE on LLU committees (if applicable).
- To represent PE on LLUSD committees (if applicable).
- To meet and conduct the business for PE.
- To administer the budget and / or financial operations for PE.
- To coordinate the PE calendar with the master LLU – ASDA calendar whenever appropriate.
- To meet with other professional associations to share interests, ideas, goals, strategies and to avoid overlap of responsibilities and/or information, and to justify such an overlap (if applicable).
- To conduct PE activities in accord with LLU and LLUSD policies.
- To conduct activities to contribute to LLU – ASDA mission and goals.
Terms of Reference (Specific):
- To prioritize and operate the Ethics and Professionalism activities for the students (e.g. Quarterly Ethics grand rounds, quarterly Ethics lunch and learns, writing quarterly articles for newsletter).
- To conduct, in accord with LLU – ASDA initiatives, in accord with Student Handbook policies, and in harmony the School administration Professional Standards Committee processes, a peer Professional Standards review process.
- To represent the student body on the Professional Standards Committee.
- To replace the current model of individual class Ethics Committees.
- PE is supported by fund-raising, donations or allocations.
- LLUSD administration forwards student dues to LLU – ASDA for distribution.
- PE administers its financial operations.
- PE is accountable to LLU – ASDA on budget and financial activities.
- PE may petition LLU – ASDA for additional financial assistance.
- PE sets meeting schedules. Committee minutes are recorded.
Leadership Development and Mentoring:
- PE is encouraged to initiate leadership development by engaging students at all stages of their programs.
- Faculty and or Alumni mentors are recommended.