Chair: Theresa Baldwin
ASC: Gaetan Tchamba, Theresa Baldwin, Morgan Steely (left to right)
Leadership: Chair-person and other officers as required.
Election: Annual – Chair is voted in by EC then confirmed by SCC, remaining members will be appointed by chair.
Terms of Reference (General):
- To represent ASC interests on the Sectional Coordinating Committee (SCC).
- To represent ASC at national, state, or regional activities (if applicable).
- To represent ASC on LLU committees (if applicable).
- To represent ASC on LLUSD committees (if applicable).
- To meet and conduct the business for ASC.
- To administer the budget and / or financial operations for ASC.
- To coordinate the ASC calendar with the master LLU – ASDA calendar whenever appropriate.
- To meet with other professional associations to share interests, ideas, goals, strategies and to avoid overlap of responsibilities and/or information, and to justify such an overlap (if applicable).
- To conduct ASC activities in accord with LLU and LLUSD policies.
- To conduct ASC activities to contribute to LLU – ASDA mission and goals.
Terms of Reference (Specific):
- ASC prioritizes and operates the social and recreational activities for the students (e.g. golf tournament, ‘Tofurkey’ bowl, PSR type connection and morale building activities).
- ASC supported by fund-raising, donations or allocations.
- LLUSD administration forwards student dues to LLU – ASDA for ASC.
- ASC administers its financial operations.
- ASC is accountable to LLU – ASDA on budget and financial activities.
- ASC may petition LLU – ASDA for additional financial assistance.'
- ASC sets meeting schedules. Committee minutes are recorded.
Leadership Development and Mentoring:
- ASC is encouraged to initiate leadership development by engaging students at all stages of their programs.
- Faculty and or Alumni mentors are recommended.