The American Student Dental Association is the national student-run organization that protects and advances the rights, interests, and welfare of dental students. The LLU ASDA chapter functions to introduce students to lifelong involvement in organized dentistry, and to provide services, information, education, representation and advocacy. The LLU ASDA chapter aims to create a cohesive student body with a unified voice and to nurture and develop student leaders within the Loma Linda University School of Dentistry.
- To organize, coordinate, facilitate, and support student governance at Loma Linda University School of Dentistry (LLUSD).
- To provide governance oversight in harmony with the mission and goals of Loma Linda University (LLU) and Loma Linda University School of Dentistry (LLUSD) in cooperation with the LLUSD Office of Student Affairs.
- To educate members on topics important to career development, professionalism, ethics, and political understanding, including but not limited to, topics supplementing the formal curriculum.
- To facilitate participation, communication, and cooperation with professional associations including the American Student Dental Association (ASDA), American Dental Association (ADA), American Dental Hygienists Association (ADHA), National Association of Seventh-day Adventist Dentists (NASDAD), American Dental Education Association (ADEA), California Dental Association (CDA), California Dental Hygienists Association, Tri County Dental Society, Tri County Dental Hygienists Society, and other professional organizations.
- To facilitate involvement in, lobbying for, and support of causes related to National ASDA and LLU ASDA’s mission and objectives.