This will be the final class taught by Dr. Thomsen and you don't want to miss your chance to learn from the best!
DATE: Sunday, November 17, 2019
TIME: Registration: 8:30 a.m. | Lecture: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Loma Linda University, School of Dentistry - Prince Hall, 11092 Anderson Street, Loma Linda, CA 92350
TUITION: $195 DDS / $145 AUX
LUNCH: Will NOT be provided
CREDIT: This course meets the Dental Board of California’s requirements for 7 units of continuing education.
AGD Code: 730
Lane Thomsen, DDS
Emeritus Professor, Oral Diagnosis, Radiology, and Pathology
Loma Linda University School of Dentistry
This course will review a wide variety of important lesions likely to be encountered in a general dental practice. Emphasis will be placed on recognizing clinical features most helpful in differentiating one lesion from another. Current treatment of these conditions will also be discussed.
The objective of this course is to provide the practical information needed to recognize and treat oral lesions in the dental office.
- Decide what to do with white lesions or red lesions.
- Differentiate between the lumps and bumps they see in the oral cavity.
- Differentiate aphthous from herpes lesions.
- Recognize which pigmented lesions they should be concerned about.
- Diagnose and treat lichen planus.
- Develop a differential of ulcerative and blistering conditions.
- Identify less common, but serious lesions such as oral cancer.
- Apply adjunct diagnostic methods for lesion evaluation.
- Diagnose the variety of bony lesions you are likely to encounter.