DATE: Sunday, September 18, 2022
TIME: Registration 8:30 a.m. - Lecture: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Pre-registration is recommended; registrations can be completed the morning of class.
LOCATION: This is an online course and will be delivered via Zoom.
TUITION: $195 DDS / $145 AUX
CREDIT: This course meets the Dental Board of California’s requirements for 7 units of continuing education.
AGD Code: 490
Richard A. Nathan, DMD,MS
Clinical Professor at UCSF and UOP Dental Schools
Private Practice in San Francisco for 35 years
The diagnosis and treatment of periodontal and peri-implant diseases are constantly changing and new approaches are rapidly being developed. It is imperative that you stay abreast of the latest developments and update your knowledge in this exciting field. This course will provide a practical overview of non-surgical and surgical periodontal techniques for teeth and implants of interest to the general dentist, dental hygienist, as well as dental support staff.
Topics will include a discussion of the etiology and pathogenesis of periodontitis and peri-implantitis. This analysis of "health to disease" will, in a logical and clear manner, outline the role of external factors as well as the host immune response in periodontitis/peri-implantitis.
You will learn the indications and legal ramifications of non-surgical periodontal therapy and hear about the latest developments in chemotherapeutics. Also the latest research considering the association of periodontitis and systemic diseases such as heart attacks, strokes, upper respiratory disease and preterm low birthweight babies will be discussed.
Of special interest will be an extensive overview of laser periodontal therapy for teeth and implants. This topic will include current research and clinical approaches using diode, NgYag, ErYag as well as CO2 lasers. Also included will be a tutorial on basic non-surgical crown lengthening for the general dentist.
Join us for this relevant and timely course presented by on of our most engaging and entertaining lecturers.
- Understand the role of the immune system in the progression of periodontal disease
- Learn how to effectively maintain your patients who refuse referral to the periodontist
- Learn to what extent periodontal disease is a risk factor for systemic disease
- Learn the basics of the "non-surgical crown lengthening technique"
- Diagnose periodontitis and peri-implantitis
- Treatment of periodontitis and peri-implantitis
- Learn the connection of periodontitis and other systemic diseases
- Learn about laser therapy in periodontics