DATE: Sunday, April 16, 2023
TIME: Registration 8:30 a.m. - Lecture: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Pre-registration is recommended; registrations can be completed the morning of class.
LOCATION: Loma Linda University School of Dentistry - 11092 Anderson Street, Loma Linda, CA 92350
TUITION: $195 DDS / $145 AUX
CREDIT: This course meets the Dental Board of California’s requirements for 7 units of continuing education.
AGD Code: 750
Randy F. Huffines, DDS
Past President and Fellow of the American Society for Geriatric Dentistry
Johnson City, Tennessee
According to the ADA, thirty percent of the income in the typical general practice today comes from seniors. This percentage is increasing rapidly as the number of these patients double to over 79 million over the next few years. Providing dental care for older patients is very rewarding but also challenging due to complex dental and medical conditions that become more common with age. In this entertaining and informative presentation, solutions to common everyday problems in older patients are clearly explained to give you increased confidence when treating seniors. Catch the Age Wave and prepare your practice for a successful present and future!
Following this lecture-based course, participants should be able to:
- Better treat adults with cardiovascular disease, dementia, stroke, Parkinson’s, COPD, and cancer.
- Properly manage patients on “blood thinners” (anticoagulants and antiplatelets)
- Describe the new bisphosphonate recommendations
- Apply the new ADA preventive guidelines to seniors (including SDF)
- Describe innovative techniques for restoring root caries
- Avoid communication problems with older adults
- Apply heterogeneity of aging to treatment planning
- Manage xerostemia with newly developed products
- Apply the new ADA antibiotic guidelines to seniors
- Dispel myths about periodontal disease and aging
- Discuss implant and innovative prosthetic techniques for seniors