Chair: Timothy Prewitt
Leadership: Chair-person and other officers as required.
Election: Annual – Student chair appointed by EC, members appointed by chair.
Terms of Reference (General):
- To represent SG interests on the Sectional Coordinating Committee (SCC).
- To represent SG at national, state, or regional activities (if applicable).
- To represent SG on LLU committees (if applicable).
- To represent SG on LLUSD committees (if applicable).
- To meet and conduct the business for SG.
- To administer the budget and / or financial operations for SG.
- To coordinate the SG calendar with the master LLU – ASDA calendar whenever appropriate.
- To meet with other professional associations to share interests, ideas, goals, strategies and to avoid overlap of responsibilities and/or information, and to justify such an overlap (if applicable).
- To conduct SG activities in accord with LLU and LLUSD policies.
- To conduct SG activities to contribute to LLU – ASDA mission and goals.
Terms of Reference (Specific):
- To prioritize and operate spiritual care and support of students (e.g. spiritual retreats, vespers, spiritual development and enrichment).
- To coordinate and cooperate with class chaplains to promote the spiritual welfare of students.
- SG is supported by fund-raising, donations or allocations.
- LLUSD administration forwards student dues to LLU – ASDA for distribution.
- SG administers its financial operations.
- SG is accountable to LLU – ASDA on budget and financial activities.
- SG may petition LLU – ASDA for additional financial assistance.
- SG sets meeting schedules. Committee minutes are recorded.
Leadership Development and Mentoring:
- SG is encouraged to initiate leadership development by engaging students at all stages of their programs.
- Faculty and or Alumni mentors are recommended.