Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office: A Simple Approach
Lecture Course Title
DATE: Sunday, October 8, 2017
TIME: Registration: 8:30 a.m. | Lecture: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Loma Linda University, School of Dentistry - Prince Hall, 11092 Anderson Street, Loma Linda, CA 92350
TUITION: $195 DDS / $145 AUX
LUNCH: Will NOT be provided
CREDIT: This course meets the Dental Board of California’s requirements for 7 units of continuing education.
AGD Code: 142
Steven J. Filler, DDS, MS, MA
Professor, Department of Restorative Sciences
University of Alabama School of Dentistry
Properly treating medical emergencies in the dental office need not be a complex topic. This course will provide a simple, basic approach for dealing with common medical emergencies occurring in the workplace. Designed for the entire dental team, the presentation will provide practical information mixed with stories and humor along the way. Topics will include office and staff preparation, as well as straightforward steps to take when dealing with specific medical emergencies. Recommendations for office emergency kits, including equipment and medications, will also be discussed.
- Introduction of Topic
- Preventing medical emergencies
- Preparing for medical emergencies
- Performance in a medical emergency
At the end of the presentation participants should be able to:
- Describe techniques for preventing medical emergencies.
- Discuss appropriate roles for staff members during a medical emergency.
- Discuss the general procedures required for common medical emergencies.
- Prepare a list of emergency medicines and equipment.
- Review and/or prepare a dental office for treating medical emergencies.
Email email@example.com for more information.